Hello! It's me again! I have finished my music video and I am very happy with it. I will now start on my final task. My name is Lilly Gonzalez. I am a fifteen year old sophomore who was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I love to travel and I am fortunate enough to have been to all seven continents with my parents. I love reading, and playing video games with my friends. I am also an avid music listener. In fact, last year I streamed 268,000 minutes of music! This year's Spotify Wrapped just came out! I listened to 191,000 minutes this year. Typically, I can be found listening to indie or rock music. I also love making art. I’ve gone to many summer camps over the years to develop my painting and sculpting skills. I think stimulating creativity is so important for my brain. I actively partake in my school’s student council with ideas to improve student welfare. My mom is an English teacher at my school. It is nice to have such an accessible resource at school for my f...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZM0o29GcfvxZyC8tDDHAG1pcN4KT7wzezLQ57Cx7AEM/edit?usp=sharing How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? Our rock music video employs various conventions to convey their messages and represent different social groups. Through energetic performances, rebellious aesthetics, and edgy visuals, rock music videos capture the essence of the genre while appealing to fans and attracting new audiences. These videos often showcase the musicians as a distinct social group, embodying a rebellious spirit and countercultural identity. We tried our best to use these conventions in our video. We tried to dress more edgy than we usually did, wearing old band shirts. We made silly faces directly into the camera, almost mocking the audience. This was meant to show slightly rebellious spirits, similar to the conventions of most nineties rock music videos. We added quick cutaways into the video to different smaller...
A couple days ago, we filmed the first few scenes of our final task! We had a half day of school, so we decided that we could film after school and be home by the time school would normally end. Sammie drove the four of us to get lunch and then we went to Barnes and Noble, where we planned to film. Once we got there we scoped the store and found a quiet corner that we could film in front of a bookshelf. When pitching the idea, we decided that Amelie would be the actor. She came prepared in a schoolgirl outfit. We thought that her acting crazy would be further exemplified if she was dressed neatly but had running makeup. Before we shot our first scene, Amelie pulled some purple eyeshadow from her bag and put it under her eyes, to make herself look tired and slightly crazed. Once she was happy with her look, we left our corner and walked around to get some other shots. Isaac pointed out that we should have an establishing shot, but I said that it would make it seem like a sitcom. We comp...
Comments
Post a Comment